POLICIESFind our policies here.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Headquartered in Fagersta, Sweden and present in more than 75 countries, Seco Tools is a leading global provider of metal cutting solutions for milling, stationary tools, holemaking and tooling systems. For more than 80 years, the company has provided the technologies, processes and support that manufacturers depend on for maximum productivity and profitability.
This Policy covers employees, contracted workers and visitors to Seco Tools facilities. It includes internal activities, as well as products and services we provide to the market.
Seco Tools commits to reduce and minimize the environmental impacts from its activities. We will strive for high efficiency in the use of energy and natural resources. We will also promote systems for reuse, recycling and recovery of materials and work to prevent pollution and other environmental harm.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Seco Tools will strive to provide healthy and safe workplaces. We will continue to reduce injuries and illness and involve our employees in health and well-being activities.
Seco Tools will continue to take a systematic approach to comply with or exceed applicable environmental, health and safety legal and other requirements.
Environment, health and safety issues will be fully integrated into Seco Tools operations. We will achieve continual improvement through developing active, courageous and visible EHS leadership and by developing a strong EHS culture. This will include the consultation and participation of workers and, where applicable, workers’ representatives. Objectives and targets will be incorporated in local EHS plans and will be monitored to ensure they are implemented through to completion. Best practices will be developed and shared throughout the company.
You can find the download here: EHS policy
Seco Tools shall actively contribute to create a toxic free environment. We shall strive to reduce our usage of chemicals necessary for development, manufacturing and distribution of metal cutting solutions to minimize impacts on health and safety. All chemical handling shall be conducted in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of our employees.
This shall be achieved by
- Use of best possible chemical alternative to minimize negative impact on people, environment and products.
- Considering the effect on our environment and the health and safety of our employees and customers when purchasing products and equipment
- Traceable handling of chemical usage from design to waste management.
- Registration of all chemicals used in the group
- Safe storage of all chemicals
- Comprehensive labelling and identification of chemicals and full access to Safety Data
- Adequate training of personnel for using chemicals
- Using personal protective equipment when necessary
- Staff monitoring/medical checkup for legal compliance Sustainable growth
You can find the download here: Chemical policy