SECO AND PARTNERS TO HOST FIRST HYBRID AEROSPACE INNOVATION EVENT
Fagersta, August 2022 – Seco and its technical partners will host the company’s first hybrid (physical and virtual) Inspiration Through Innovation (ITI) event on Wednesday, September 28, 2022. The event will be focused on the aerospace manufacturing segment, with machining demonstrations, an inspiring seminar programme, and networking opportunities.
The event’s interactive sessions will be presented to a live audience and streamed live via the event website. On-site attendees will get to meet presenters in person, network with partners, and see live machining demonstrations. In addition, all recorded sessions will be available on demand after the event for every registrant. Attendees gain valuable insights and learning from the ITI events, which demonstrate the value of collaboration in the pursuit of innovation – this time, specifically in aerospace manufacturing.
- Collaborative machining demonstrations showcased at Aero ITI 2022 will include:
- Power skiving and on-machine broaching on an Inconel jet engine compressor disk
- WAAM (wire-arc additive manufacturing) of an Inconel blisk hub and production of the additive manufactured tools used to finish the part
- Highlights from ongoing projects such as automated holemaking in stacked composites, aggressive structural machining, and a one-shot approach to aluminum A-frame machining.
- Technical partners will share inspiring live discussions and seminars on various topics and challenges facing the aerospace manufacturing segment, such as:
- Partnerships to support sustainability ambitions
- Physics of machining in superalloys
- Efficient machining in difficult materials such as CFRP and stacked composites
- Finding value in data, digitalization, traceability, and automation
“Partnerships are a journey,” says Jon Shipley, Global Business Development Manager, Aerospace at Seco Tools. “They are forged and built over time by working together to a common goal. With ITI and Innovation Hub, we work with our partners – old and new – to wrap collaborative solutions around our customers’ real challenges. We can’t wait to open the doors again and welcome you back to the Innovation Hub to meet, network, learn and grow together with us and with our partners.”
To further support aerospace manufacturers, Seco has launched a selection of technical and educational content dedicated to real-world aerospace components, such as a wing pylon 2/3 and a blisk. Visitors to the Seco website will gain insights into the cutting-edge technologies, trends and individuals that are shaping the aerospace manufacturing industry through podcasts, videos and other content.
Manufacturers worldwide are encouraged to register and join live on-site, live virtually or view the event session recordings on demand after the event. For more information and to register for Aero ITI 2022, please visit: https://event.secotools.com/aeroiti2022
ITI registrants will also have direct access to more exclusive aerospace content through secotools.com. Seco and technical partners will host an ITI event focused on automotive manufacturing in Germany in November 2022.
Inspiration through Innovation draws on the Seco global network of partners, bringing together in-house expertise and external knowledge to explore problem-solving possibilities. During ITI events, attendees experience the results of these innovative partnerships and discover how collaboration can help them find solutions that will drive their businesses forward. This collaborative approach solves ongoing issues found in various manufacturing industry segments.
Inline Content - Sugar Form
Sugar Form url - https://accounts.bizzabo.com/widgets/tickets/413364?isPreview=true&utm_source=Website&utm_medium=Registration_PR_Page&utm_campaign=GlobalAeroITI
Frame height - 850 px