SECO AEROSPACE ACADEMY – SUPPORTING OUR CUSTOMERS IN TACKLING FUTURE AEROSPACE MACHINING TRENDSKeeping at the forefront of global best practices within the aerospace machining sector is challenging for many manufacturing organisations, especially preparing a workforce to handle future trends. Still, Seco Tools have not only accepted the challenge but are thriving in it by launching the Aerospace Academy in 2020.
Keeping at the forefront of global best practices within the aerospace machining sector is challenging for many manufacturing organisations, especially preparing a workforce to handle future trends. Still, Seco Tools have not only accepted the challenge but are thriving in it by launching the Aerospace Academy in 2020.
An advanced collaborative learning environment, the Seco Aerospace Academy is training its people to understand and handle all aspects of manufacturing within the aerospace industry segment but, it is providing more than just technical training, it's also about expertise. To better serve our customers, the Aerospace Academy cover topics on:
- Trade regulations – (ITAR, AS9100 & ISO9001)
- Advanced materials – (Exotic superalloys and carbon fibres)
- Project management – (International, regional, and local projects)
- Future trends – (Aircraft designs, propulsions, fuels, sustainability & manufacturing equipment)
- Manufacturing best practices – (Component Workholding, sustainable & profitable machining)
- Business intelligence – (Helping aerospace manufacturing companies make insightful business decisions based on Seco business Intelligence, backed by solid data)
- Coaching skills – (Using coaching techniques and questions to fully understand our customers’ issues, roadblocks, concerns and help them identify and fulfil their goals and ambitions.)
- Cultural awareness – (Ethical cross-border collaboration for global organisations)
- Practical manufacturing projects - (Live machining workshops of critical aircraft components)
During the 12-month program, our 15 graduates met with global machining experts along with industry and academia partners MODIG, Siemens & AMRC, who all shared their insights and experience with our graduates.
MODIG - Modig Machine Tools Sweden shared how MODIG literally revolutionised the Machine Tool Building industry when they created the world’s first inverted machining centre, which optimises chip handling that resulted in reduced scraps and reworks rates whilst increasing cut-to-cut times. (Mr David Modig)
Seco Tools Regional Aerospace Machining Experts – sharing their collective knowledge and experience when machining critical aircraft components covering engine, landing & airframe components. (Mr Brad Burns, Mr Jon Shipley, Mr Tom Massey & Mr Jason Smith)
- Don Graham - A teacher and author of over sixty technical papers in the areas of metal cutting, tool failure analysis, solid state physics, nucleation and growth in alloy systems, fatigue, fracture, stress corrosion cracking, and wear resistant coatings, shared his expertise on aircraft component metallurgy
These graduates have not only furthered their machining and tooling expertise but have grown their expertise in all aspects of the aerospace manufacturing process to cover digital technologies, machine tools, research, materials and global best practices. As a truly connected, international expert ready to better serve our customers, they are equipped to find the best solutions and stay ahead of future trends.
- Best trained in the market
- Globally connected
- Up-to-date skills and knowledge
- Taught by globally recognised industry experts
- A large team covering a range of skills covering all manufacturing process functions:
And able to connect and meet the team virtually or physical (Virt-ical™)
“It is very pleasant to work with Seco. High level of knowledge and great solutions.”
Michael F. / Manager Industrialization / Aircraft Philipp Übersee GmbH
“Through my Aerospace Academy networks, we managed to shorten the time needed to find a proven best practice solution for our customer.”
Pitipoom Phasee / Asia Pacific Regional Application Expert / Aerospace Segment
“I am constantly in contact with my colleagues, new network around the world to share Information and solutions. It makes it possible for me to serve my customers in a more professional way”
Florian Schwarzenböck / Sales Engineer
"I have used the Aerospace Academy knowledge to develop and structure other customer sectors which is helping many Brazilian customers."
Joao Marcelo / Aerospace Segment Manager
“The content of the academy. It is not only technical education; it is a whole program and networking.”
Fatih Sari / Area Manager
“I thought, when stepping forward for Aerospace Academy, I will be taught more on components and machining techniques. But, when I saw the coaches, sponsors, as a big team, I feel great that I am going to lead by Seco family into the next era.”
Sudhakar V. / Aerospace Application Expert
These graduates will strengthen our global network of professionals who collaborate on projects to reach new heights that will contribute to our customer’s long-term success in aerospace machining.
If you want more information or find the expert in your area, you can visit our contact page or our Aerospace Industry Segment Solution page
Winning Solution in Aerospace