MASTERCLASS - MASTER THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO ACHIEVE OPERATIONAL AND MACHINING EXCELLENCEThe new Masterclass extension of the Seco Technical Education Program (STEP) brings the expertise of the Seco Tools production floor to the classroom to impart operational and machining excellence.
Results demonstrate the impact of Manufacturing Excellence as it creates value for your company and your customers. Optimized, it speeds up delivery, reduces operational risk and operating costs, increases sustainable output and boosts revenues and profits. This STEP Masterclass shows you how to describe and analyze a manufacturing system so you can use practical models to create cost-efficient productivity with minimal impact on the environment.
Business leaders need to recognize and understand the key indicators that drive production efficiency. Manufacturing Excellence integrates reliable machining processes with the organization, flow and rhythm of successful manufacturing systems, along with workforce knowledge, skill and leadership development. It assimilates management philosophies and methodologies to achieve the utmost insights and opportunities through approaches to continuous improvement, including Lean Thinking, Six Sigma, QRM modeling and Machining Optimization Strategy (MOS).
This Masterclass is for business leaders who want to understand, control and manipulate the elements and key indicators that define and guide sustainable, cost and time-efficient operations to exceed customer expectations.
- Engineering Managers
- Managing Directors
- Manufacturing Managers
- Operations Managers
- Plant Managers
- Production Heads
- Senior Engineers
"I FOUND IT INTERESTING TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE REASONS BEHIND THE DIFFERENT METHODS FOR CHIP FORMATION AND LINK WITH THE MATERIALS. [...] I FOUND IT REALLY INTERESTING TO BE NOW ABLE TO UNDERPIN THE METHODS WITH THE SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE I FEEL I HAVE GAINED FROM THE COURSE. [...] THE CONTENT WAS DELIVERED REALLY WELL AND I THOUGHT THE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WAS EXCELLENT."
Garry Parker, Manufacturing Engineer, Rolls-Royce
Inline Content - Gridded Links
Tags: 'masterclass_excellence', 'masterclass_sustainable', 'manufacturing_excellence'
Max links: 3
- Challenges of and solutions for complex manufacturing
- Integration of Industry 4.0
- Visible and hidden aspects of and variables in production systems
- Resource-efficient manufacturing and machining
- Efficiencies of cost, time and energy use
- Definition and overview of measurement and analytical tools (OEE, TLCA, COSA and more)
- Group technology
- Standardization and rationalization
- Sustainable pricing
- Definition of total lead time
Workforce management and contributions
- Roles and mission
- Knowledge and skills
- Mindset, motivation and leadership qualities
Physical process of reliable, controllable machining
- Machinability models for various workpiece materials
- Cutting-force models and thermal analysis of machining operations
- Best practices for technological optimization of practical cutting processes
Total production economics
- Definition of the global cost equation and its variables
- Five key elements of successful machining: Costs, productivity, quality, yield and sustainability
- Use of CPR factors
STEP technical publications, including:
- Knowledge, Skills and Insight Makes Sustainable Machining
- Applied Metal Cutting Physics, Best Practice
- Global Tool Deterioration, Best Practice